It has been a LONGGG time since I posted on here, goodness gracious! And it's kinda crazy how much has changed, so I figured I'd do a quick update to catch you up on my life before I get back into posting about whatever the heck I feel like posting that day :-P...
I shall do this update in bullet form because lists are the greatest:
- March: Christopher proposed!!! ---YUP!!! And, of course, I said "Yes!" :D
|The ring Chris got me looks just like my mom's! <3 Too perfect!|
- April/May: Europe Trip! For 3 1/2 weeks this spring, I went on the most incredible trip of my life with three of my favorite people on the earth. We went to England, France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Scotland, and Ireland. I spent almost a month carrying everything I owned in a backpack, walking miles and miles a day, and pretty much never being without my foldable travel poncho. And I was the happiest.
|Me with some of the greatest women I know.|
- June: My Birthday! Pirates of Penzance! And J to California :( I turned 26. I played Isobel in the show "Pirates of Penzance" (which was a blast and a half!). J took her yearly 6-week trip to visit her mom in California, which is just the most bittersweet thing, let me tell you!
|My Brave Show Sisters!|
- July: Rehearsals! My July was pretty standard - I pretty much lived in my Toms, ate as much ice cream as humanly possible, and had a ton of rehearsal for my sketch comedy Darwin's Waiting Room show that was opening in August.
|My Darwin's Cast/Family!|
- August: First Day of School! J, now a big, bad, 10-year-old Fifth Grader (!) had her last first day of elementary school! I was so proud :)
|The 5th Grader Herself!|
- September: Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes! This month was full of new things for me - I left my job at the preschool (great coworkers, awesome kids, but my boss started to treat me unfairly and I'm just not the type to stand for that, so...bye!) and got a new job doing Admin and Marketing for a local moving company. And you guys... it's the best!
|"Grady, what is that?!" "Oh, just me with the Sasquatch Mascot for the company I now work at!"|
- October: Trick or Treat! Christopher and I dressed in 80's garb and tried to keep up with our quickly growing fox companion for Halloween this year! We ended up hanging out with one of J's friends and his parents and had an absolute blast. J kept saying that it was her "Best Halloween Ever!" so really, I couldn't be happier. (I also stage managed a phenomenal show called Gruesome Playground Injuries, in which I had to run four boards simultaneously. It's one of my proudest technical achievements, quite honestly, but I don't have a photo from it! Bummer!)
So there you have it, folks! A very brief update of my life for the past few months! As you can see, there has been no shortage of fun or adventure, but I'm excited to get back into writing again now that things have calmed down a bit and I'm more into a routine.
I have a feeling I'll end up writing mostly about (almost) stepfamily life and product reviews, because I love both of those things, but please let me know if there are other things you'd be interested in seeing! I used to love doing Ten Word Wednesday posts, so maybe I'll bring those back!
Anyway, if you have any suggestions or ideas, let me know! Thanks ya'll!